Generated Image

Monday, September 05, 2005

interesting things



last night I had a dream. maybe someone can interpret it. In my dream I was walking outside with Estee like I often do and a bee went inside my shoe. In my head I realized that if I were to let it escape it would be angry for being trapped and sting the first person it came in contact with. I realized that could also mean Estee being stung. Not only did I not want her to get stung because of the pain but also the possibility that she may be allergic, and that is scary for a newborn especially. So, I stepped on it with my bare foot so it would not escape. I continued our walk with the stinger in my foot. every time I took a step it was as if the bee was stinging me again and again. What a realistic dream.
Whenever it is the weekend or a holiday our pediatriation has a recording with a phone number to call "in case of emergency." We've used it twice. With a newborn it is so hard to determine if the situation we are in constitutes an emergency situation especially when the doctor won't be in for a few days. Because of all the problems she was having the dr put her on soy formula. (I warn you now, I am going to be talking about doodie again....) Since fri, she only had one bowel movement in 24 hours and I was starting to get a little worried but I figured I would wait it out. Then, yesterday afternoon she went but it was solid which isn't normal for a little one who only drinks liquid. So both Aaron and I figured that this was a good reason to call the doctor. what do you think? So we called and he told us to give her some water bottles that sometimes things like this happen with a change of formula but it happened twice more since we spoke to him and I feel so bad for her because she is in so much pain. it's like her version of childbirth and I feel for her, I really do! But there is no way I am going to be that mother that calls the emergency line twice in one weekend. I can just see him looking at his beeper "oh, it's the Groppers again..."
Yesterday Estee finally met her great poppy. He was the happiest man in the world. Babies are definitely theraputic!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kar said...

I miss my niece...:-(

Oh, and my sister:-p

2:48 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

she misses you too. And so does Estee :)
sukkos, stamford?

5:03 PM  
Blogger Kar said...

Be there or be square.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home