Generated Image

Sunday, September 11, 2005

maintaining rituals


Every Friday since Estee has been born I decide "let's see what fits." It's a wonderful ritual. Something pops into my head to make me think..."maybe you lost some weight this week. maybe some of your fat clothes will actually close on you!" It really is a terrible terrible waste week after week. This week I took part in the ritual once again but of course I went away empty handed. 20 minutes into the task and I would exclaim "just one more skirt...this one should fit..." and with anticipation I would pull it up over my now oversized rump soon to be shot down with disappointment. This week, I finally found something that fit, but it looked hideous! That's next week's task I guess. What is the cutoff point for it being acceptable to still have pregnancy weight? I'd possibly like to beat it, unless...it has already passed.
This shabbos we took part in our second meal at a friend's house since Estee was born. After crying for about an hour at the closing of the meal, she decided to leave them with a parting gift. About six ounces of formula was spit up onto mommy, herself, and their nice living room rug. I apologized profusely, and Aaron pointed out that atleast it wasn't on their nice new suede couch. It's kind of ironic, two minutes before she had this wonderful projectile vomit, Aaron was holding her, and I took her to hold myself. Serves me right!
She had to vomit all over the parent with no clothes that fit!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

You did a good job on your site. I'm looking for ideas to finish mine which is called ,Back Pain, I'm trying to cover areas like back pain pictures and similar topics. Glad I stopped by. ---Jack---

9:49 AM  
Blogger JTopo said...

No offense Jack, but I don't really see what your site has to offer Life With Estee. Hmm..

11:50 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

well maybe he thinks I have backpain cuz I'm so fat? since that is what this post was about? or maybe he thinks he can just use me to further his own cause!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home