Generated Image

Thursday, September 08, 2005

a paid position as a stay at home mom?
















It
was absolute agony. I hate it, I absolutely hate it. Today, I frustrated beyond belief becauseI was there for over two hours and it was the worst experience of my life. I missed Estee like crazy. I don't think I will be able to do this! On my way home I thought of the best idea. Kollel men get paid to learn. Their salary is raised from the community. Why not set up a fund for stay at home moms. I'll be the one to go door to door, I don't care. What service do we provide? Well, just as the kollel men learn so that they can teach the community, a stay at home mom raises her children with all of her heart and all of her neshama to be wonderful Jews (perhaps a kollel man?) thus adding to the greater good of the community! Life would be grand. I would be an avid mommy and me attendee and I would never miss a single milestone. In my honest opinion a stay at home mother is even more important to the community than a kollel man but I better keep my mouth shut.
Speaking of how cute my daughter is I'd like to share three cute things.
At 5 am I woke up to the sound of shrieking. I thought I was dreaming. What on earth could it be? I got out of bed and saw Estee in her bassinet looking up ever so cheerfully at her mobile of bears shrieking with delight. It was so loud it woke Aaron as well and we both had a good laugh over it.
This morning I couldn't get the bottle into Estee's mouth fast enough and she attempted to suck her fingers. She finally got one in her mouth and one in her nose. If only I couldve gotten the camera fast enough! I started cracking up and then she did too!
We had a blast this morning before the babysitter came. I sang to her for half an hour. some real songs but some not real. She laughed the hardest when I sang and danced nonsense words to the tune of sex in the city for 15 minutes straight. Every time I tried to get her laughter on camera, I missed it by a second. Oh well, I tried.

3 Comments:

Blogger JTopo said...

It's true- ur sweetie is the smiliest baby (bli ayin hora) that I have ever seen. She's a gorgeous jem! To respond to your idea of being a paid stay at home mom- sooo funny because there have been plenty of times that I proposed that idea to Asher- but instead of getting paid to be a stay-at-home mom I would be stay-at-home-wife. Those proposals were especially frequent in the very first months of marriage. I just couldn't get the idea of sitting at work sometimes bored out of mind when I could be at home making it more beautiful and delicious. I think Asher turned me down because I suggested that he pay me $45,000 (nice starting fee) to give him the best home ever! I thought it was a very reasonable price haha.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

see in a way it's silly for your husband to pay you, then you aren't really getting the income. I'm proposing the community as a whole pays you!

11:04 AM  
Blogger JTopo said...

Agreed... I think that was a reason that I didn't argue too much with him about it.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home