Generated Image

Monday, October 03, 2005

Getting pleasure out of scaring mommy



Yesterday and today when I was out 2 different people at 2 different places were walking with their strollers. One person left her stroller to go give a beggar money and the other person left her stroller to talk on her phone a good 5 feet away. Both had their backs to their babies for atleast 2 minutes. I was outraged! Didn't they realize that in those few seconds that they were turned around that someone could snatch their child? One person was on busy main street and the other was in a department store. Someone could have ran off so fast that by the time either one of these women turned around the baby would be gone! Despite what I was feeling, I knew I had to control myself. I really wanted to say something to these women. Maybe no one told them. I'm sure it's not that they don't care. I'm sure they would be devestated if something happened. But rather than opening my mouth I took it upon myself to keep an eye on those children until the mother returned to them. Unfortunately, I won't always be there. I hope someone teaches these women. Am I crazy?
Estee no longer pulls her hair for kicks, she does something else to give her mother a scare. Lately she has been producing a lot of drool. It is a possibility that she might be teething. For some reason unbeknowst to me, she likes to save the drool in her mouth rather than swallowing it. Now, there isn't anything wrong with her swallowing mechanism, because she swallows her food. So, perhaps she likes to keep her mouth moist, who knows? I haven't quite figured out how her little mind works. But anyhow, often, she will spit up clear liquid because there is so much in her mouth, that I can handle, it doesn't even stain her clothes! But twice already she has had so much in her mouth that out of no where she just began to choke! It was the bath scare all over again only this time, I left the room for a minute and came back and she was tearing and coughing. This time I did call the doctor and he said not to worry that she has a natural gag reflex that will stop her from aspirating. whew thank G-d for that! But why the heck is she doing it? who knows!!?
ps- He said that it is okay that she swallowed the bath water.

2 Comments:

Blogger JTopo said...

OMG lol you are one hysterically funny mommy- a good one though! It's funny when people have babies you never think about all the little things that could scare you but you def are doing agood job of outlining them. It sounds like a tough but precios and fun job! You're doing a great job at being a mommy bli ayin hora!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

thanks that means so much to me!!

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home