Generated Image

Sunday, October 30, 2005

No mans land

I found a terrible place and I am not sure anybody knows it exists but once you realize it's there you won't be too happy. There's a tiny little crevice where the nipple of the pacifier meets the plastic and it is a very horrible place. The other day I saw a hair on Estee's pacifier and I went to take it off. By doing so I discovered a treasure trove of dirt and grime in this little crevice. I was disgusted! This is what I let go into my daughter's mouth?? How to remove it? I tried everything without actually pulling the nipple out and no matter how much I tried more dirt emerged as I pulled. It's like a bottomless pit crevice. I was horrified. Of course, I called Gerber immediately to inquire about this crevice. It took a while for them to understand my description of what this crevice actually is. The woman finally went and got herself a "nuk" (that's the type of pacifier) so she can see what I was talking about. She concluded that it is time for me to buy new pacifiers for her. (obviously! Like I'm going to put that in her mouth again!) But, I did get 8 $1.00 coupons in the mail as compensation. I'm not really sure how you can really compensate for such a crevice but I'll take the coupons! That day I went out to buy more pacifiers and it seems the silicon as opposed to the latex has less of a crevice so we will try that one. I am also aware of the crevice now so I check for it every cleaning. On a happier note Estee finally fits into her cool rattle socks. I'm not quite sure she even knows her feet exist but she still enjoyed listening to the noise they made every time she kicks!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Josh said...

As a single guy, our problems are so different. I'm in the midst of a love triangle while youre troubled by the crevice in a nipple. I pray that all your single readers will one day "suffer" from the same issues as you raising their children

1:24 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

That's a beautiful blessing, thanks!

1:26 PM  
Blogger nechamala said...

pacis are gross. i used to boil them every night. what a pain.

3:20 PM  
Blogger JTopo said...

she is such yummy legs.
josh-i hope you get yourself out of the triangle- those suck!

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home