Generated Image

Monday, October 03, 2005

Oh the things you can do in the shower..

Listen to this quote:
"don't tell aunt rodie, don't tell aunt rodie, her old gray goose is dead. the one shes been saving, to stuff her featherbed, she died last friday, she died last friday, from standing on her head...."
sad music plays
"the goslins are weeping, because their mother's dead, the gander is mourning because his wife is dead. "
That my friends was the words to a kids song on a cd I was playing for Estee. Lovely isn't it? Am I crazy or something? Why on earth would that be a kids song? I can just see it now 3 year old Estee is going to say "Mommy, what's dead?" great, just great!
Well, the time is getting very late, and Aaron is still out doing his preperations for the upcoming holiday and I had not yet showered. I could just envision the mad rush to get it all done and still be able to light candles and keep her calm at the last second. So I decided, why not try it? I put her in her bouncy seat with the aquarium in front of the shower and I figured what could be the worst that can happen? If she cries I can reach her and stick a pacifier in her mouth. What a fun time we had! Estee was the perfect audience for my one man show. I left the curtain half open so I could see her and the door to the bathroom open so it wouldn't get steamy. At first I would just periodically check on her in between scrubs but then I decided it was time to go all out. With razor in one hand acting as my microphone and shaving cream on my legs I decided it was time to belt out the eensy weensy spider which made my audience of one filled with such glee! I hope one day when she gets older and starts going to real concerts, she will always remember her first and best.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hm said...

Presidential secretaries start Blue House weblogs
October 04, 2005 Urged by President Roh Moo-hyun, 12 presidential secretaries opened weblogs on the Blue House homepage yesterday, as a part of a Web site revamp.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Kar said...

I post because I love you:-)
Mwah.

See you on Sukkot!!!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Kar said...

I post because I love you:-)
Mwah.

See you on Sukkot!!!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

comment on the actual post. like what do you think of it

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home