Generated Image

Thursday, October 27, 2005

PA

"My name is Estee and I am a pacifieroric." Yes, that is a real term, because I made it up! My daugther definitely has a serious addiction to her pacifier. When she is distraught she turns to it, when she is hungry she turns to it, when she seeks comfort she turns to it. I must start a support group for other babies. Paciferorics annoymous, or PA. It wouldn't be such a bad addiction if she was able to help support the addiction herself. Unfortunately she is so dependant on others help. Without us, she would never get the darn thing in her mouth. Even when she is in a deep sleep if it falls out someone (most likely me) has to run and put it back in before she fully wakes up. You see, she has to stay in our room how else would that work out?

5 Comments:

Blogger JTopo said...

ahhh you have to train her to live without it! i've heard that it isn't a good idea to get babies attached to their pacifiers

11:32 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

yes but once she really finds her fingers, that will be worse, I can't exactly take those away!

11:34 AM  
Blogger nechamala said...

my daughter was a paciholic, too. i don't have a single picture of her without a paci for he first few months. and then one day, when she was about 4 and a half months, she refused to take it. that was it, she was suddenly too good for it. i wish similar luck on you!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Anonymommy said...

I sucked my bottom lip until I was about 11- that's when I got braces, and I couldn't fit my lip over the bottom braces. My mom said my bottom lip replaced the pacifier the day she took it away from me.

Be forewarned- those braces of mine stayed on for 2.5 years...

7:39 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Nechamala, thanks, this makes me feel better.
Anonymommy, I feel like everyone needs braces so I'm not too concerned. I didn't suck my fingers or a pacifier and I had braces from 4th to 6th grade. It's the in thing to have them anyway.

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home