Generated Image

Friday, October 28, 2005

proof that I'm not crazy

An article in this month's Parent's magazine by Jessica Brown is titled: "Germs in the Waiting Room." It describes ways to prevent your child from getting sick at the doctor's office. #3 on the list is: " Bring your own toys. Letting your child play with the balls and books in the doctor's office is a big mistake. After all a child with the stomach flu could have been chewing on that toy five minutes before you arrived....Bringing your own toy may also discourage your child from exploring and this is not hte time you want him making friends with the toddler across the room with bronchitis..." You see! I'm not crazy! If Parent's magazine is writing a whole article about this topic I can't possibly be crazy for wanting to do this exact thing. So there all you people that thing I'm too nervous!

5 Comments:

Blogger nechamala said...

ewww i would NEVER think of letting my child play with toys in the doctor's office. the thought of other children's saliva is nasty enough, but their germs, too... that's just to much. gross.

12:06 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I agree but many people have called me crazy for even suggesting it. My mother says "what do you think they will do when they are at school?"

2:30 AM  
Blogger Ayelet said...

totally off topic but I just read your dislikes in the sidebar and noticed that you included babies with their ears pierced. I used to also but now I'm regretting not having pierced my daughters' ears. Nowadays they have much nicer earrings that aren't as conspicuous as the gold ballies of old. Like demure little "diamonds" or little pink flowers. Two would be such a good age to pierce if only it were'nt a terrible time to pierce because the chances of the little girl playing with her earrings and infecting her ears/losing her earrings ar about 99 in 100. Oh, well. I definitely dislike skinny moms of 3-week old babies. That kind of thing should be outlawed. As for toys by the doc, one day your child will do whatever the heck she wants and it won't be worth the battle to stop her from riding that really cool toy that she just saw another kid having fun with. But good luck anyway;)

8:21 AM  
Blogger Ayelet said...

oops. weren't not were'nt and are not ar.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

In response to the earrings:
I just don't want to make that decision for her. What if she doesn't want them pierced? Also it's too much of a hassle with a little one because you have to take them out before bed. Lastly, why make them go through unneeded pain? shots are enough! :)
ps- how do I get that off of the sidebar?

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home