Generated Image

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

weaning mommy

So, Estee is three months and she is still sleeping in a bassinet in our bedroom. Is that normal? I keep making up excuses as to why I can't yet move her. First, we needed a monitor, now I have to wash the sheets. I think she'll be fine, it's me I'm worried about. Is there a way to wean me off of my sleeping attachment? Maybe if I sleep in her bedroom with her for a few nights? Kinda ease my way into it...
Speaking of weaning. I'm torn. I would love to continue nursing because it truly is best for her but at the same time I gave up on my Friday rituals of trying on clothes because the truth is, nothing fits and it won't because I'm not dieting. You can't diet while nursing because the baby won't get enough nutrition. What to do what to do. I also like to just add that being that I have to wean myself with the whole sleeping situation, I really think that weaning a baby off of nursing is really for the mother's benefit. I'm so attached to it and I'm not sure how much she cares either way. I know many of you may argue but my kid has no problem taking a bottle from me. I just really want to continue nursing. And, on the other hand, I don't. Okay it's serious posting time people. I need some answers!

ps- I saw someone's blog had an option that if you want to be notified every time a new post is put up to type in your email address. Anyone know how I can put this on my blog?

8 Comments:

Blogger Ayelet said...

In answer to your question about adding the option for readers to "subscribe" to your blog: Usually, right under the spot where they tell you to type in your address, you'll see a link to a service called Bloglet. Click on that and sign up. It's a matter of taking a bit of code and pasting it into your template. If I'm talking chinese to you, just give a holler and I'll simplify a notch or two.

About nursing, it's your decision. I stopped at 4 months with my first and was sorry I did. The next two went to a year with no regrets. You need to feel comfortable with your decision. Good luck!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Thanks so much! I went to the site. I almost got through it all but I got a bunch of errors at the end, and when it says to copy and paste a url, I didn't know where to paste it.

3:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

weight watchers has a program for nursing mothers.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

thanks I decided on doing that, after yom tov of course!

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw, if you can't do meetings sign up online. just don't tell them you're nursing (they won't let you join online.) and you can just add points to your daily total. there's a website that pretty much explains what you have to do: www.campfaq.zapto.org

good luck! i wish i would've stuck it out nursing. formula costs an arm and a leg!

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know much about your personal situation but the best for baby is generally breastfeeding. The experiences I had with weaning from breast to bottle were for the mother, not for the baby. Mom's milk is best! (Not to mention cheapest...)

6:43 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

well it just so happens she is on formula also and the most expensive one at that. (Nutramigen) I decided not to wean her. I will go as long as possible.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

anonymous I don't know who you are obviously so I can't contact you directly. so, I hope you read this. I went to that website and it doesn't exist are you sure that is it? thanks!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home