Generated Image

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Things that don't make sense

I called balmex this morning and explained the diaper rash situation. I told them that I am curious what else is inside balmex besides zinc oxide because perhaps she is allergic to one of the bases. The following is a list of inactive ingredients:
aloe vera gel, Balsan (fragrance), (Specially Purified Balsam Peru), Beeswax, Benzoic Acid, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Mineral Oil, Propylparaben, Purified Water, Sodium Borate, Tocopheryl (Vitamin E Acetate). I asked the woman on the phone "why would you put fragrance into a product that is supposed to cure a rash?" She didn't have an answer for me although I think this is a pretty good question. Perhaps it is the Balsan that caused the diaper rash. I did a search online for allergies to balsan and to balmex but nothing came up. Maybe it is one of the other ingredients on the list, I don't know what any of them are. At the end of my conversation with the Balmex representative, I thanked her for her help and then she said "maam, would you like to give me your address so we can send you promotions and coupons from time to time?"
hmm. No thanks.
Now, why would I want coupons for a product that caused my daughter such distress. What a silly woman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home