Generated Image

Friday, November 11, 2005

Withdrawl


It wasn't as great as I thought it would be. Yes, she loved to be in her crib, there are so many things for her to look at and so much room for her to roam, but it wasn't fun for me. After finally falling asleep (on her own I might add) she woke up at 12 starving. I fed her and went back to sleep and then she woke up again at 5 and has pretty much been up since. There were a few problems with her being in her own room. #1 she kept flipping onto her stomach but couldn't get back on her back and would cry. I would run in and flip her back over, I know this is bad but I am still so afraid of SIDS. #2 I said to Aaron what if someone breaks into the window in her room we would never know. He said we would hear it on the monitor don't worry. So, every time I heard movement on the monitor I ran in to make sure there were no prowlers. #3 Although her room isn't so far from mine it was a much further trek than right at the edge of my bed. Between 6-7:30 am she fell asleep for 15 minute intervals and I would have to get up and put her pacifier back in her mouth. She didn't seem to want to sleep much. Maybe she missed me.
#4 Oh boy did I miss having her. What's funny is, Aaron is a big shot. For quite some time he's been asking when I am moving her into her room. At 4 different times last night he came up with different excuses as to why I should wait. "Are you sure you want to move her? Aren't we supposed to wait until 6 months?" "I think you should put her in the bassinet because then you will get more sleep because you won't be worried." How selfless.

2 Comments:

Blogger Skayabs said...

You can get this thing called a sleep positioner- I have one with the memory foam, and it keeps the baby in place.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

it's good for a newborn not for one like mine. You want them to learn to flip over, I just feel bad when she can't get back.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home