Generated Image

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Millions of peaches, peaches for me...but not me!





Estee finally finished trying all the veggies so we gave her her first fruit Friday. Bananas mmm..
She actually really liked them. But uch what it did to her poop. (All I will say is it was very tar like, and very smelly....)
Last night I gave her peaches for dessert. I tasted them as I do all her fruits and veggies and I noticed they were a bit tart. Hmmm...how is she going to like them? Well, she made her usual face that she makes upon tasting something new but she was still making it after the 4th and 5th spoonful. She also was making a haaaa sound like I can't take this stuff anymore. (that's the best I could explain it.) So I'm guessing she doesn't really like peaches. I'll try again today but who knows...
Then I got to thinking...what if she is allergic to them? How will I know if she is having an allergic reaction during the night if we are all sleeping? Her cheeks did look a little splotchy....
So of course until I fell asleep I kept checking on her to make sure she was still breathing...
I wonder when that's going to stop..

9 Comments:

Blogger Kar said...

If, G-d forbid, someone were allergic enough to stop breathing, I'm pretty sure the reaction would happen very shortly afterwards.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

well thank G-d she's fine but that's what I figured. It's so scary kar.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Datingmaster, Jerusalem said...

do you like gerber products?

4:07 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I use gerber pacifiers but I use beechnut food. It has an ou so might as well use the kosher one. why?

7:32 AM  
Blogger tuesdaywishes said...

I think in Israel the Gerber brand is kosher. Here in Canada, the only kosher bably food (except cereals) is imported from Israel or (illegally) from the States, and the prices are ridiculous. I ended up making baby food for the first time for my seventh kid...Thank G-d that stage is only a few months!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Pragmatician said...

I can't believe it; I thought I was the only neurotic to do this. What a relief.

12:44 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I actually just ordered a baby food processor. For fruits and vegetables I don't mind giving her ready made but there's no way a child of mine is going to eat meat out of a can. uch. I'm not going to give her anything I wouldn't eat!

1:40 AM  
Blogger oishkapipik said...

I wouldn't be too worried about peaches!! The things they make you crazy about are honey, eggs, and peanuts. Its like if they even see this stuff there is a chance of spontaneous baby combustion or something.

1:12 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I'm so nervous about those things. I was making peanut butter cookies the other day and I was wondering if you are allowed to have peanuts around your baby. A lot of people with peanut allergies have a reaction just from smelling it.

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home