Generated Image

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

No longer an excuse?

At what point am I no longer allowed to use my pregnancy as an excuse for being fat? Estee is almost 6 months, is that the cut off?
Today I took Estee for a walk and I ran into a parent of one of my old students. She said "oh, you had a baby?" I said, "I had her almost 6 months ago..." She said, "oh I thought that is why you left the school, because you were pregnant." I told her she was not the first person to inquire about that. I said maybe someone just guessed that that was the reason and it got passed around. She told me that another mother told her and then said "haven't you seen her belly?" Hmmm. My non-pregnant belly is causing others to think I am pregnant. Something must be done!
I carry around 4 skinny pictures of myself in my bag as my daily incentive. 2 of them are at my skinniest and two of them are of my heaviest. The heavy ones seem skinny in comparison. Today I was showing someone the pictures and he said "wow, you were so skinny...." Emphasis on the word "were." Thanks?
Yesterday I ran up and down the stairs in our apartment, what a workout! I have been on a major diet as well so we shall see. This is so depressing!

4 Comments:

Blogger Eshet Chayil said...

I'm sure latkes aren't helping...frustrating...I know. But some of us don't have the baby excuse..lol

4:14 PM  
Blogger tuesdaywishes said...

Don't do this to yourself. I mean, eat healthy, work out, but don't beat youself up for not getting back you pre-pregnancy look. Your body is working very hard these days. You are probably demanding too much if you expect it to also look its best.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Tuesday, I would love to look like my smallest ever but I know that's not reality right now. I'm just working to look like my heaviest. I want atleast some of what's in my closet to fit. I'm sick of wearing the same few outfits that are a mixture of maternity clothes and things I bought after the baby. I'm sick of looking at old clothes with longing. I have no style any more. I used to dress in such a nice funky way now I'm just blah...
ps- eshet, I have not had any latkes! :)

1:15 AM  
Blogger Pragmatician said...

Using the stairs is a great idea, my Doctor told me to be careful not to gain any more weight, explaining that there's no way I'm doing any gym or stop eating he suggested I just boycott the elevator. He said this would account as sport.

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home