Generated Image

Monday, December 12, 2005

Things I love about being Estee's Mommy


1. The way I can be having the worst day and one look at or even thought of her cheers me up instantaneously.
2. The way she sometimes just looks up at me and for no reason at all other than the fact that we have a bond, just smiles.
3. How at 4 am when I am beyond exausted and just want to go to sleep, she can make funny sounds in her crib keeping me up and I laugh rather than getting annoyed.
4. How I can be on the other side of the room talking to someone and she will stop what she is doing to follow my voice.
5. The way she lights up and smiles when I walk in the door and say hi to her.
6. The way she opens her mouth any time anything comes near it with hopes of chewing and or sucking on it.
7. The way she laughs when I kiss her cheek
8. The way she "kisses" me by sucking on my cheek.
9. The way she fake coughs to get my attention and when she gets it, laughs.
10. The way that the second I put her in the bathtub she starts kicking like crazy getting me and everything around me soaking wet.
11. The way she grabs my face when I'm holding her.
12. The way she rubs my back when she is falling asleep on my shoulder.
13. How she concentrates so hard when trying to accomplish a task.
14. How when she gets excited she flails her arms and legs all around.
15. How she slams her legs down onto the ground over and over.
16. How she loves to be naked
17. Her facsination with trees
18. The way her pain hurts me more than it hurts her.
19. The way she tries to have a conversation with me.
20. The way she rolls over while I'm trying to change her diaper.

I love you Esther Malka Gropper!

7 Comments:

Blogger Ayelet said...

Hey there, ex-Morah! How's the new life treating you? Isn't it nuts how hopelessly in love we mommies are? Who would've thunk?

Getting back to your question: I can give you the long way to do it manually but, according to Mirty, who knows a lot more than I do, the best way to go is a service called Blogrolling. It provides handy features such as allowing the viewer to see when the blog has been last updated just by rolling over the link with the mouse. I assume that's at blogrolling.com. I haven't had a chance to check it out myself! When did my life get so freakin' hectic? I laugh when I remember that I quit piano lessons in sixth grade because I was "too busy".

4:20 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Yeah it really is nuts! Especially since every day the love grows more and more. Just when you think you can't love someone any more, it grows! Speaking of ex-morah I hope it's going well. I miss Mordechai! Tell him I say hello and that I miss our end of the day bundling up routine.
Thanks for your help with the blog. I love all this technology stuff but I'm so bad at it!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

ps- I quit piano too! haha!

5:09 PM  
Blogger ClooJew said...

There is an ongoing machlokes, lulei demistafina, between Dr. Ferber who tells you to let kids cry away and the others who deplore that sort of behavior.

Lately, according to a book I saw reviewed recently, the two sides seem to have reached a middle ground.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

what's the middle ground?

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Ronit said...

Hi Rebecca!!!

I've been checking your blog and you've done such a great job with it. We don't get to talk much but it's fun to read through your blog and get updates on how you are all doing. By the way, she trully is a boobah!!!

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Ronit said...

Hey Rebecca, me again. I was just reading one of the other comments regarding letting them cry. Obviously I have limited experience (not being a mommy yet) but here is a book that many parents I know rave about:
"On Becoming Baby Wise: The Classic Reference Guide Used by Over 1,000,000 Parents Worldwide"
by Gary Ezzo, M.A., Robert Bucknam, M.D.
I haven't read it but my inlaws love it and one of my friends who is a doctor can't say enough about it.
Can't wait to see your adorable little Estee.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home