Generated Image

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Who are you and what did you do with my Mommy?

It all began on Friday night. What a week, I was so exausted. My dear husband told me that after I feed her her veggie/cereal I can go to bed and he will put her to bed. I fell asleep around 9 but unfortunately Throughout the night I kept waking up with a terrible sore throat. I figured it was the heat and I was just dry so I downed two bottles of water. Of course that didn't go over that well with my bladder. All in all I didn't sleep much. Shabbos I was lethargic a whole day and kept falling asleep on the couch. Aaron and his parents convinced me to go out a little Saturday night to a chinese auction (where we won again yes!!) saying it would make me feel better. I didn't get into bed until 11:3o (I had wanted to be sleeping by 10:30 the latest) I didn't fall asleep until 1 am. At 4 I woke up and I spent an hour moaning because I felt so yucky and I was so tired. 7:15 my alarm went off for hebrew school. I got out of bed and my right eye wouldn't open. I thought I had pink eye. In the end I didn't but I do have a bad cold. The cold got periodically worse throughout the day. For the past few hours I have sounded like a man and sometimes a boy going through puberty. I kept playing with Estee and she would look at me and smile like she always does (she recognizes my face) but then I would say "hey Es..." in my oh so manly voice and she would just look at me confused. You look like my mommy, but you don't sound like her. I'm not so sure she liked it. The past half hour my voice became almost non-existant. She was crying before and I was trying to tell her that it is okay but it only came out as squeaks that she couldn't really hear so my attempts were futile. At times like these I really wonder what she is thinking. Does her brain work in a way that when I was just a little hoarse she still recognized it as my voice? Or, did she think it was a strangers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home