Generated Image

Monday, January 23, 2006

Catching up time...

I was doing so well with the posting almost every day thing but I've been so busy and I feel like so much has happened so I will try to remember it all:
Thursday I spoke with Estee's pediatritian about the vomiting thing and before I tell you about our conversation I just have to say that I absolutely love her pediatritian! They are a husband and wife practice. We see and speak with both but she mainly sees the husband. They are both terrific though. When I got off the phone with him I realized he was on with me for 20 minutes. Who does that? It wasn't because I asked him 5000 things either, it was because he went into detail with his explanations and he didn't rush me at all. anyhoo...he said that it is perfectly normal that she does that. Babies as young as her have figured out what they can do to get what they want. She realizes that if she screams so hard and vomits, mommy will come running. He said that obviously I have to clean her off but I have to make it all about business. I also told him that she still wakes up hungry at 4 am sometimes. He said that we slowly have to train her not to do this. He said to first just let her cry for as long as she would when going to sleep. If she is still crying then I can go and feed her. He was very supportive and understanding of the fact that it is not easy for a mother to do this, especially at 4 am. I honestly can't take her crying anymore. It is so heartbreaking. She screams in such an angry way and I cry every time. Thursday night when she had finished crying and finally fell asleep, I went to check on her and saw her cute little hand hanging over the side of the crib. All she needed was a little white flag and the scene would have been set. (See below) The doctor also said we can introduce her to a sippy cup since she often tries sitting with her bottle. How exciting! We went out and bought one yesterday.(See below) Yesterday we also took her to the pizza shop for the first time. She sat in her stroller at the table and I fed her baby food carrots. She was in seventh heaven. Every time a stranger passed by she would look at them and give them the biggest gummy smile you have ever scene. She is quite the ham! (See below).
Saturday night, I couldn't get her to eat her dinner. Aaron tried at 7:30 and I tried again at 8. All she did was cry. I figured she just wasn't hungry. Sometimes she does that. I put her in her excersaucer to play but she continued to cry. I gave her some orajel. Bam. The second the stuff hit her gums she was smiling big again. I tried to give her a spoon full of her dinner and she ate it right away. Rather than disturbing her by moving her, I continued to feed her in there. The only problem being that when she is standing, she tends to jump. Every so often, as the spoonful was almost in her mouth she would jump and it would get all over the place. One particular time, she jumped and the spoon went right in her eye. The poor kid couldn't open her eye. She was trying to rub her eye but only got more in it considering her hand was covered in food too!(see below)
Lastly, Aaron has told me that he is not happy when I use the word "pathetic" to describe the looks she makes or the way she cries sometimes. He said it isn't very nice. I made him look up the word on dictionary.com to show him that it doesn't mean what he thinks it does. Anyone agree?
Sorry that this post is a bit incoherent. I just had so many things to write about this time. Some of the pictures below correspond with the post and others are just cute with captions...
(ps I tried captions 5 times and each time I deleted another picture, I'm so frustrated!!)
















9 Comments:

Blogger Ayelet said...

pathetic- from greek word pathos...duh! Donchya' just hate it when they think they're smarter than us?

4:02 PM  
Blogger JTopo said...

Awwww she is just a yummt sweet little girl! I love her just from reading about her! Rebecca, bli ayin hora you really are doing a great job and you seem like a great, fun, caring mommy! When I have a lil one I know who to come to with all the questions!

4:45 AM  
Blogger Pragmatician said...

It's great to have a patient and competent doctor.

They're a rare find so how bad are the waiting lines at their pratice?

5:10 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Ayelet- for some reason he thinks it is a horrible thing to call her!!
Jame- thanks so much, what a sweet thing to say!
prag- the wait isn't too bad considering. The longest I ever waited was about 40 minutes but I didn't really notice it. They give you so much attention that it is worth it!

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pediatrician

11:56 AM  
Blogger ~{~~@ said...

First time I'm visiting, I have a little one too and as I read this post I really really had tears in my eyes, because I have the same "vomitting problem" with my son lately and just tonight when his Daddy came home I was so upset and frustrated because I thought it's so not normal, I couldn't really accept the fact that my son could do this intentionally, and it's not like I oculd possibly let him cry and throw up in his crib all over himself and not do anything about it... So how old is yous? and did you get her to stop vomitting? If yes, how???

9:10 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Ray don't worry. The baby isn't vomitig on purpose he's just getting himself so angry and upset that he vomits. Atleast that is what happens with my little girl. I guess she has finally learned that when she really needs mommy or daddy we are there for her and she hasn't done this in a while. Hopefully it won't happen again. Ps- she's almost 7 months. how old is yours?

11:17 AM  
Blogger ~{~~@ said...

15 months... at 7 months he almost never cried!!!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

aww! what does the dr say?

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home