Generated Image

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Gee, it's wonderful being loved...

This morning Estee woke up at 3 am for a feeding. Usually when this happens she sleeps way past the time I leave in the morning. So, I was quite surprised when I went into her room this morning to get something and found her smiling up at me. There was no turning back at that point. Once she saw me there was no way she was going back to sleep. When I took her out of her crib, she wrapped her arms around my neck put her head on my shoulder and squeezed. Yum. I love Estee hugs..
The past couple of days when I have gotten home Estee has been sleeping and has continued to sleep for about 2 hours. How frustrating. Today I was actually looking forward to that naptime so I could cook for shabbos. Of course, when I came home, she was wide awake. After I played with her a bit, I put her into her excersaucer (which she now got into the habit of jumping in to. I guess once she learned how to jump she doesn't want to stop.) to get some cooking done. When I was right next to her she was playing nicely, laughing and jumping. Literally the second I would go into the kitchen to get an ingredient she started to cry. When I walked back out and looked at her she started laughing again. What the heck. I had to get my mother to take her for an hour so I could get something done. My mother told me that the whole time she was there she was really upset and cranky, she must be teething. When she got home I expected miss cranky pants but she was so happy, guess she just missed me!

4 Comments:

Blogger 'Thought & Humor' said...

.
There is a time for everything,
a season for every activity
under heaven. A time to be
born and a time to die. A
time to plant and a time to
harvest. A time to kill and
a time to heal. A time to
tear down and a time to
rebuild. A time to cry and
a time to laugh. A time to
grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones
and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a
time to turn away. A time to
search and a time to lose.
A time to keep and a time to
throw away. A time to tear
and a time to mend. A time
to be quiet and a time to
speak up. A time to love
and a time to hate. A time
for war and a time for peace.

May this be
your time to laugh,
embrace & receive
personal peace,
Dr. Howdy

4:10 PM  
Blogger tuesdaywishes said...

I guess she just entered the clingy stage. (is she around 8 months?The good news is she knows who you are, and that sometimes you go away. The bad news is that she has also figured out that crying makes you come back!

Have fun!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

nope 8 months. darn, she's doing it early!

3:44 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

oops i mean 6...

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home