Generated Image

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The things that cheer us up


With adults it can be a fun song, a funny joke, or a simple smile from the ones we love. For a baby it can be a bottle, a pacifier, a fun song, a silly face, a silly voice, or a hug. But, not my child! Nope! She's got to be different. She is only 6 months old and already expressing her individuality. You gotta love it.
You see, my little girl finds comfort in a brush. A brush? You ask.. what can be so soothing about a brush? Well, in Estee's defense, it is a Winnie The Pooh brush. Who doesn't like Winnie the Pooh?
It all started last week. Sometimes when I am changing her she gets agitated either because she is hungry, uncomfortable or just wants to move around and I am not letting her. I usually have a pacifier nearby that I can give her to keep her calm or a toy of some sort. This particular day I didn't so I grabbed a clean diaper and gave it to her to hold. She was thrilled! (ps- Winnie the pooh is on her diaper too!) A few days ago clean diapers were out of my reach and she was so distraught that I quickly grabbed the first thing I could find, which was her brush. She immediately stopped crying and became facinated with every aspect of her brush.
Later on when Aaron was changing her she was screaming. I came into the room and said, "I know what will get her to stop." I handed her the brush and she stopped immediately. Last night after her bath she wasn't too happy to get dressed. I quickly gave her the brush. Every time she lost her grip and it fell, she began to cry again. The second she saw it again, she stopped crying. I have to make sure now to always have that brush nearby in case she is upset. Maybe I should buy another one just in case.

4 Comments:

Blogger torontopearl said...

perfect idea to buy a second one of the same kind. put it in a safe place for "emergencies".

2:30 PM  
Blogger Kar said...

For the record: I bought that brush. ;-)

6:23 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Yes, you did. Now where can I get another one?

1:39 AM  
Blogger Kar said...

CVS, I think.
Please give her a hug for me!

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home