Generated Image

Monday, January 16, 2006

What can we try tonight?



Last week there were a few nights in a row where Estee refused to eat her dinner. All she would do was cry. We weren't sure if the highchair was bothering her, if it was the food taste, if she wasn't hungry or if she was too hungry and therefore too agitated to work at it. But after trying a few different things I decided to call the pediatritian to see what he thinks. He told me that it would probably be a good idea to give her more variety to find out what she likes. He said to buy some stage 2 fruits and vegetables that are combinations of foods she has already had or that introduces only one new one. Over Shabbos since I hadn't bought any stage two yet, I tried to make my own combinations. Peas and carrots, carrots and sweet potatoes...
Last night though, we hit the jackpot. I bought sweetpotatoes and apples. Now, the stage 2 jars are double the size (or so) as the stage one jars. For a while she was eating a whole stage 1 jar at one sitting but for the past week she has only been eating half. Last night she ate the whole stage 2 jar! I guess that flavor combination was a hit! We got a baby food processor and I am so excited to make her my own combinations! When she is allowed to have chicken I think the first thing I will make her is sweet potato apple chicken. Hmmm, that might not be a bad idea for this shabbos!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ei said...

Yummy sweet potatoes and apples
Estee is just toooooo cute!!
Thanks for your comment..I am following weight watchers ( core program)more or less but I also had a gastric lap band on Sept 14th and that is a huge help in helping me STOP eating when I am satisfied!
Did you make any baby food yourself yet?
Eileen

4:45 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I've tried Weight watchers. I have such a hard time sticking to it...and, I need it to come off fast, I know that's not ideal but I'm sick of my clothes not fitting.
no, I didn't make her any baby food yet. I will soon when I figure out what I want to make!!

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the best thig to do is to offer the baby a variety of healthful foods and let her choose.

It doesn't have to be in combinations.

Put items such as sweet potato,(stewed?) apple, avocado, steamed broccoli, steamed carrots, noodles, oat cereal rings, and other finger foods on her high chair tray, and let her pick.

She'll pick what appeals to her, and also what her body needs.

Keep in mind that it is like offering a buffet: the point is not to have her finish all that is on her tray, but to offer her a wide, healthful selection and let her eat what she needs.

3:55 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

When she is ready for finger foods, I'll try that...Next month I believe the list says!

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home