Generated Image

Monday, January 16, 2006

who's crazier?

When you are walking down the street who looks crazier/funnier to you: The person that looks like they are talking to themselves because they are on a headset and using lots of hand gestures, or the woman that is animatedly talking to a baby in a stroller while walking to shul? Well the latter would be me this past Friday night. I was walking to shul with Estee because Chaim Dovid was in to do the davening. I was excitedly telling her who we were going to see and acting very silly. People must've thought I was nuts. But, I was so caught up in it that I didn't really pay attention to my surroundings. Right as I was getting to shul I started to get a muscle spasm in my calf. (kinda like the ones you get in the middle of the night when you are pregnant, ouch!) I was trying to walk it off without making too much of a scene when I got this terrible vision of my leg buckling while I was walking down the stairs at shul holding her. When I walked in I saw my friends husband and asked if he could carry her down the stairs. He must've thought I was crazy too. Well, don't we all?
I am so proud of my little girl! She was so well behaved in shul. She sat on my lap and just looked at random people and gave them a big gummy smile. When it was time to stand and Chaim Dovid was doing some nay nay nays she kicked her legs in my arms and sang to the music. The only thing she didn't let me do was daven shemoneh Esrei. Not because she was getting cranky, but because all she wanted to do was rip the pages and eat the siddur. By the time shul was over, she was hungry and a bit overtired. I was so disappointed because I really wanted her to meet Chaim Dovid. I had this vision of her grabbing his face and screetching like she often does to people. But, he did give her a hug and I did tell him that she enjoyed dancing to his singing. Too bad I couldn't take a picture. I guess I can take her to shul more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home