Generated Image

Sunday, March 05, 2006

update on the standing thing




She can now get down by falling, so we have made progress. She has also officially started crawling. She didn't really creep much. All she did was roll fast from one side of the room to another or creep around in a circle (kinda like a dog chasing it's tail).
Well, the other night when the crawling started, she literally got into everything. She crawled over to the little bookcase I keep by the kitchen with all my cookbooks, pulled out one entitled cakes and cookies and started to eat the pages.
Now, all she wants to do is stand crawl or a combination of both- climb! If she is sleeping in her crib and wakes up the first thing she does is get on her knees or climb to a standing position and cry. On her changing table she now tries to crawl off, and when she is on the floor and I am sitting with her she crawls over to me and proceeds to climb up my body. She usually gets as far as my chest.


Finally, a little off the topic but check out this link. Remind you of anyone you know?

3 Comments:

Blogger Ayelet said...

That last pic is great! Her face is just shining with that smile! This is a great stage. Get ready for lots of fun as she learns knw things to do every day.

5:31 PM  
Blogger tuesdaywishes said...

Have fun babyproofing! Seforim, with the shiny letters on the spines, always attracted my kids at this age. If you must keep them on low shelves, really filling the shelf so they are wedged in tightly sometimes heps a bit. Another warning: as you clear lower shelves, the center of gravity of the bookcase or whatever moves up, sometimes causing a tipping hazard. A particular danger is large screen TV's, which are front-heavy and often placed on stands or tables at just the height for babies to be under them.

Enjoy Estee's newfound independence!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Kar said...

I think I've said this many times on your blog.
I want to eat your daughter.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home