Generated Image

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Not a very good punishment

When Estee is a teenager I will definitely be paid back for the way I treated my parents when I was a teenager. Not that I was so bad but I got pretty fresh at times. When Estee turns to me and says something nasty or uses language that is inappropriate (hopefully she won't but ya never know!)I can't even threaten her with washing her mouth out with soap, the classic punishment for that particular crime. Why, you ask? Well with Estee that would be like saying "If you use that tone of voice with me one more time young lady I am going to wash your mouth out with candy." You see, Estee likes the taste of soap. It's quite strange actually. It's very hard to get her to eat a proper meal half the time, but soap, no problem, she'd devour it if she could. I mentioned a few posts ago that we use dove bar soap to clean Estee now. I also mentioned that she likes to play with it. Well, our cute little game is that she takes it out of my hand and it slips out of her hands and I say "plop" and she tries to say "plop" and laughs. Every so often she gets a good grip on the soap and I can tell she purposely drops it into the water so that I will say plop. It's actually pretty funny. But, usually when she does have a good grip on the soap she puts it straight into her mouth. The first time she did this I figured she would just make that yucky face she makes every time she tries a new food. But, she didn't. She just kept right on sucking! I let her play by the bathtub while I'm filling it up and the first thing she goes for is the soap. When that slips into the tub, she goes for the shampoo, that will be the next snack!
Which reminds me, isn't johnson and johnson baby shampoo called "no more tears?" why is that? Because it doesn't burn and cause babies to tear and cry? Yeah, well, it does! My poor child screamed in pain last night when the shampoo dripped into her eyes.
Hey, that reminds me of one more thing (yeah yeah, off on tangents again) I now not only can't change her diaper without holding her standing with one hand, I also can't wash shampoo out of her hair. I try everything! She rips the visor right off, she won't let me lean her back without twisting and squirming. I used to be able to make her look up at me or something and then pour water over her head but now the second I pour the water over her head she leans her head back down and everything goes in her face causing her eyes to burn and for her to cry and gasp for air. What the heck am I supposed to do? I've gotta wash her hair!! You think I should let her chew on the soap while the visor is on her head to distract her?
(you see, I connected my tangents, not so bad after all!)

8 Comments:

Blogger Ezzie said...

Babies are easier... :)

5:35 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Ha yeah, once they start moving it's all over. But, you're not sleeping, I kinda am, so there! :)

1:53 AM  
Blogger Pragmatician said...

Interetsing she likes sopa, perhaps it's the pleasant smell.
If this is it, you knw what that means? She'll love meat!

6:23 AM  
Blogger Kar said...

What's the connection between meat and soap??

7:09 AM  
Blogger Skayabs said...

Try this:
Take a wash-cloth, soak it in fresh water, then run it over Estee's soapy head. Keep on doing this until all (or almost all) the shampoo is out.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

great idea!!!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Another meshugannah mommy said...

Use a squeeze bottle to rinse her hair - makes life a lot easier.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Sarah- I've been doing your idea, so far so good, thanks!
meshugannah- great idea, I'm going to try that next! hmmm the only squeeze bottle I have is the one from they gave me after giving birth.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home