Generated Image

Thursday, June 15, 2006

she's got a sense of humor!


some funny things Estee has been doing lately:

1. My ashthma has been really bad the past few days so I have been coughing a lot. Starting yesterday, every time I cough, she fake coughs and then looks at me with a huge grin on her face like haha I'm making fun of you!

2. Estee's bedtime routine is as follows: she bathes, has a bottle, then we read some books and then I sing shema, beshaim hashem, and hamalach hagoel to her. If it's shabbos or yom tov I throw in an appropriate tune. Estee has also been throwing together a lot of sounds lately. So, while I was singing to her she decided to do her own rendition of the songs by saying ma na da fa ba s and sh in different orders to her own melody. It was very hard for me to keep singing without laughing but I did my best. When I reached the high notes of the songs she belted out her own high pitched "ahhhhhhh." Music to my ears!

3. Estee has a new way of telling me that she no longer wants to drink or eat what she is holding. Rather than just refusing the food or sippy cup, she flings it across the room. And then just in case I was thinking of being serious and angry at the action she bursts out with a huge smile that forces me to hold in my own. Lately I have been trying to be quite firm with her and saying "no! we do not throw things on the floor." Because it was funny with the sippy cup but not so funny with the cream cheese on challah that fell face down (of course) onto the floor. Usually right before she drops something she holds it over the side of her highchair and looks at me with a mischevious look saying "look what I'm going to do, try to stop me!" Yesterday though, as she did this I gave her a look that said "don't you dare!" so she took the cup and handed it to me instead. I gave her a big cheer for good listening!!!

4. Estee's play skills are definitely emerging: As you can see in the above picture, her new favorite game is to open her dresser drawer, take something out, fling it across the room, close the drawer, then open it again, take something else out, etc.

5. first word alert: the past few days Estee has been saying AAAAAAABAAA (over enunciating it like I do) The other day when I said grandpa she said apa and she did this a few times so it had to be real. if she doesn't want food she will push my hand away and say na na na (definitely saying no)
she can point to her toes when asked, the light, and trees. oh and mommy's knees. But only mommy's.

3 Comments:

Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Very cute!

5:07 AM  
Blogger narkis nut said...

sucha cutie!! i've been following your blog over some time, and have never had much time to comment, but these recent pictures are way too cute! i have a baby 5 months and he just started crawling so i guess soon enough he'll be walking too :)

9:18 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

social worker- thanks!
narkis- yeah before you know it! time really flies, it's scary! thanks for finally commenting and thanks for following my blog, now I can check yours out.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home