Generated Image

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Nail salon horrors

I decided that it wouldn't be such a bad idea to take Estee into the nail place to get my eyebrows waxed. I figured: it only takes 5 minutes, she will be fine in her stroller. Well, as we all know my usual assumptions are never right now are they?
The three women that were working were all busy with other people so they asked me to wait. She started to get a bit figity so I figured I would take her out until it was my turn wherein I would put her back in. Upon lifting her up I smelled something not so good. There was no way I was going to make her stay in the stinky because I had a few more stops to make after the nail place. So, I lugged both her and her diaper bag into the nail salon's bathroom which is right next to the ladies getting their pedicures. As we all know, I can only change Estee while she is standing up. The bathroom was pretty small so I couldn't get down to her level and had to remain standing. When I bent over to start the process, I knocked over the lid to the garbage can sending it crashing down. While getting changed, Estee kept herself busy by opening and closing (slamming, rather!) the cabinet under the sink and taking out all of the rolls of toilet paper from inside. I can only imagine what our racket sounded like from the outside. Of course it was one of her messiest diapers in a while. Luckily, I had plenty of wipes! I guess I was taking a long time and of course making a lot of noise because when I had her almost dressed back up there was a knock on the door and a "Are you okay?" Great, now they think I am in here for me and not my child. How embaressing. As soon as I came out I rectified their thinking immediately. "Should I bring the dirty diaper to the garbage outside or do you want me to just throw it out in here?"

7 Comments:

Blogger Pragmatician said...

Quite embarrassing, well handled though with the garbage question at least without too much explaining they knew it wasn’t' you.

5:07 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I hope so!!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Jack's Shack said...

Sounds like fun. ;)

2:32 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

oh it was a blast Jack!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:43 PM  
Blogger JTopo said...

Haha that's funny. What'd they say to do with the diaper? (just curious)

9:35 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

outside

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home