Generated Image

Monday, September 25, 2006

where's your belly button?

I just taught Estee where her belly button is. So, now when we do our repetoire of where is your head, where is your tounge, etc, she can now point to her belly button. The problem is she randomly points to my belly and says "Abba" (in this case, bellybutton) and I have to lift up my shirt for her to see it or she will lift it up for me or get agitated. The problem is this may arise outside. We shall see.

Tonight Estee got mad because I didn't let her do something she wanted to do so she bit me and then hit me. Besides saying no, what's the correct punishment for someone of that age. how much do they understand. To me, hitting back is hypocritical. "You can't hit me but I can hit you." I refuse to do it.


on another note Estee would like to wish everyone a wonderful sweet new year:


6 Comments:

Blogger FrumWithQuestions said...

Whats a girl doing blowing a shofar.

4:13 PM  
Blogger tuesdaywishes said...

At this age it's not a matter of punishment. Hold her firmly away if she bites, or hold her hand so she can't hit you, and say "No. We don't hit (or bite)." Look very serious so she knows it's not part of a game. Then go do something else, like get a book or see if the mail has come or whatever.

Shana Tova!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Jack's Shack said...

Shana tova

8:12 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

I like tuesdaywishes advise! Hope to keep in mind until I get children....

7:05 AM  
Blogger Batya said...

When they get agressive, move her away and speak very firmly. Say "no" like you mean it, not in a sweet voice. That's how they learn what it means.

She's adorable. Shannah Tovah

6:32 PM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Adorable pic, gmar chasima tova.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home